Monday, June 20, 2011

WARNING! Drooling over epic youtube clips can be hazardous for your keyboard!

Well, that's it. I've stopped playing WoW. Again. This is my fourth attempt and I will try not to go back. The reason I decided to quit was the same as the previous times. Got tired of doing the same sh*t over and over again without a long-term goal. It's just as I thought it would be. If my guild would disband then I would stop playing. And it happened. I tried to keep my spirit up by rerolling a warrior and just focus on having a good time in battlegrounds with my RL friends but it didn't work out. Conclusion: I need something new.

Which brings me to the point with this post. As you (better) know, Guild Wars 2 is relatively close to its release. Well, I guess it is depending how much patience you can fit in your...mind? Anyway I have been checking it out from time to time and I've been looking forward to it. But not as much as I did when I saw this video (below ofc.)

In this video, Alexrediculous, a guy who's pretty good at (p)reviews and obviously really excited about Guild Wars 2, talks about his top 10 reasons to be interested in Guild Wars 2. I've watched a lot of these kinds of videos but none as good as this one. This guy knows what he's talking about. I think I watched this video like three times in a row when I found it.

This is the game that I've been waiting for. This is the perfect game for me (from what I've seen and heard) and I do hope that its release will be sooner than expected. Altough I won't be disappointed if it isn't released in a while because I really want them to take time with this game and polish it to perfection, which seems to be their plan. Yay!

Another MMORPG on the move is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Personally I love Star Wars, maybe not as much as I did when I was a kid but still, it's still there. A little. Hopefully my love for Star Wars will be kindled anew with the release of this game. I must say that I don't think it looks as good as Guild Wars 2, but it still looks pretty good and I will try it out. Guild Wars 2 is free to play so it shouldn't hurt to be playing two MMORPG games at the same time right? (R.I.P Social Life)

Another thing that made me interested in The Old Republic is that it is my favorite company who's behind the game, Bioware. These guys are behind some of my favorite games like the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series so I'm expecting a lot from these guys! And if there's one thing to say about Bioware, it is that they sure knows how to make a trailer, or intro cinema in this case, epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment